The Mathematics Graduate Student Association (MGSA) represents and provides resources to students in the Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Financial Mathematics graduate programs at North Carolina State University. As stated in the MGSA Constitution (PDF), the purpose of this organization shall be:
- To represent the graduate student body of the Mathematics Department.
- To provide a forum for graduate student opinion.
- To voice graduate student opinion in all matters of mutual interest to graduate faculty and students.
- To disseminate information of interest or importance to its member students.
- To promote professional interest and fellowship among graduate students.
The most public function of the MGSA is providing programming for both professional and social interest to Mathematics graduate students. For more on our efforts in this regard, please continue browsing our site.
Membership: Every NCSU mathematics graduate student is an automatic member of MGSA. Members are encouraged to participate in all group events and are eligible to run for office and social representative positions. Elections are held every April. At least one formal meeting is held every semester in addition to professional development and social events. Please contact an officer if you are interested in learning more!
2023-2024 Officers and Representatives
|President||Teresa (Tessa) Jones|
|Vice President/GSA Representative||Auroni Hashim|
|Events Chair||Ian Livengood|
|First Year Representative||Prithwish Maiti|
Click here to access the MGSA feedback form. Please use this form to express questions, comments and concerns related to our mission. For urgent concerns, please email us at email@example.com.